Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bourbon Bella Steak Sauce




I found some flat iron steaks in my freezer over the weekend - what a nice surprise! I wanted a summertime meal but have no yard for a grill, so I put the indoor machinery to work. I used the stovetop grill pan for the steaks and roasted both beets & corn in the oven. I had some baby bella mushrooms that I put to good use by pairing them with my favorite ingredient of life, bourbon.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter

8 ounces sliced baby bells mushrooms (any type work work)

1/2 vidalia onion, sliced (any type would work)

3/4 cup chicken broth

1 tablespoon creole mustard (any brown type would do)

2 tablespoons bourbon (tonight's selection: Redemption)


Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat with the butter. When the butter is melted, add in the mushrooms and the onions. Stir and cook until onions are fragrant and softened. Pour in the chicken broth, mustard, bourbon and season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low and let simmer for 2 minutes. Serve over any type of steak or pork and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment