Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken

I had some chicken pieces I needed to cook tonight, but no recipe. I looked for one in a hurry at the end of the day that I had all of the ingredients for so I would not have to make a trip to the store. Eureka! Compliments of myrecipes.com, Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken to the rescue! I didn't follow my usual format because frankly, I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out ----and I was busy cooking some sides as well. Turned out to be a fantastic dinner that I would definitely repeat again! The mix of sweet and spicy is super tasty. The only thing I would change is doubling up on the honey/vinegar mix at the end. I served with a fresh sweet corn saute and some good ole southern fried cabbage.....yum yum.


Ingredients:

2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (I used 1 t. because I love cayenne pepper)
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (I used a 3.5 lb. package of chicken pieces)
Cooking spray
6 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons cider vinegar


Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side. (Since I used bigger pieces than thighs, I did 10 minutes on each side instead. Raw chicken = Yuckfest 2000)


Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.


Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.


No comments:

Post a Comment