Search This Blog

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Pesto-Topped Flounder Packets

I've started moving away from recipes and just making my own creations in the kitchen. Not only is it fun and a creative outlet, but it saves me a trip to the store because I usually end up just using what is in the cabinet or refrigerator. I wanted to share one of my favorite ways to cook fish, which is cooking with pesto in a foil packet. There really is no set recipe. I've made using whatever I have at home and each time it turns out perfectly. Light, healthy, delicious.

Basic Ingredients:
Fish - Tonight I used Tilapia, but I've used Catfish and Flounder in the past. Pesto - Store bought or homemade.
Lemon - Fresh squeezed
Salt & Pepper
Foil

Additions: shallots, onions, garlic, mushrooms, potatoes, spinach, zucchini, tomato, be creative!

Preheat oven to 400. Place each filet on a square of heavy foil and tuck under any thin edges to make thickness equal. Cover your fish in lemon, salt & pepper, garlic, onion and then top with pesto. Add any other ingredients at this time. Bring together the two opposite ends of the foil and seal with a double fold. Fold the sides together to completely close, but remember to leave room for steam. Place pouches in a baking pan and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until your fish flakes with a fork.

1 comment:

  1. This will be delicious with some of my Simmons Farm Raised 3 to 5 ounce catfish filets which I keep in a 5 pound box in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete