Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dragon Breath Pasta

I decided to just whip up something random for dinner tonight instead of hunting down a recipe or going to the grocery. Because I wasn't sure if it would be worth posting, I didn't write down any measurements. I don't think you could mess this up. It only took about 15 minutes total to make so try this out when you want something delicious that doesn't take a lot of time. And it will leave you with a nice suprise - Dragon Breath! (so don't make for date night)

Ingredients:

Pasta (I had adorable mini-wheels - Use whatever is in your cabinet), cooked

Bacon - I used 4 slices, which was plenty

Onion - I used about 1/4 of a red, diced

Garlic - 2 cloves, sliced

Cream - I just used the rest of the container I had....probably a between 1/2 -3/4 cup.

Pesto - I just used the store-bought kind

Parmesan Cheese for serving

Red Pepper Flakes for serving

Cook the bacon and then dice into bite-size pieces. Cook the onion in the bacon grease and then add in the garlic, making sure not to let it burn. Add the cream and bacon and heat over low heat until a bit thick. Then add in the pasta and pesto and mix together. I used about 2 spoonfuls of pesto, but taste as you go. You'll probably want to add in some salt & pepper too. Put into a bowl and top with grated parmesan cheese & red pepper flakes.


1 comment:

  1. I really need to step out of the box and prepare some tofu dishes. This looks tastey.

    ReplyDelete