Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Papaw's Country Ribs

The closest grocery to me is sometimes great, sometimes good and sometimes lame. It really depends on when you visit, as well as how many peeps have been there before you. I went last Saturday to find something to cook, and the only thing left in the very tiny baby teeny weeny meat section was some baby back ribs. Now, I've never made ribs in my life...(that's a man's job) and it seems like a total sin to do such a thing indoors. But hey, after almost 10 years in New York, I've learned to accept the fact that I don't have a yard, a grill, a smoker or anything cool that normal people in America have. Luckily, Papaw came to the rescue with his Country Ribs recipe. I kind of fiddled with this honey apple bbq sauce from another cookbook that I would not repeat, but the ribs came out good enough to try again. A good option when you don't feel like dealing with the smoker...or don't own a smoker.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup hot water
ribs
salt & pepper

Mix vinegar and hot water. Smear over side of ribs. Salt and pepper and cook at 300 for 1 1/2 hours or until dry.
I served with baked beans, coleslaw and jalapeno cheddar biscuits, yall.


No comments:

Post a Comment